Thread: Greeny Pvk era
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2005, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario

Now we have a rehearsal version of the same track from Snowy White's "Gold Top" and according to Snowy sleeve notes, he played lead guitar with a "still uncertain" Pete Green on rythym guitar. Even so, when Martin Celmins heard this track, he told me he was 100% sure that "that was Greeny on lead guitar, his playing being 95% quite plain and 5% absoluty brilliant ".

Any input is as always welcome

Mario.
daniel, dino, mario, thanks for the info and ideas. one thing i believe, pete's best 'comeback' work (playing and writing) is on in the skies. how much that had to do with his health and personal circumstances, and how much is attributable to the other musicians is an interesting thing to consider.

i believe that snowy white is the best and most sympathetic guitarist that pete has worked with since danny k. i tend to think to think that was a positive influence on peter's playing. and while it is well know that pete was a huge influence on snowy, pete has also spoke of his admiration for snowy's playing. so at time of in the skies it seems likely that the admiration cuts both ways and that pete's playing was influenced by snowy.

another observation that i think may be correct. pete's playing on in the skies is distinctly evolved and quite different from his work with fleetwood mac. all the subsequent pvk work is in a yet different style. in his subsequent comeback his playing is further evolved, but most closely resembles the post- in the skies approach (e.g., the title track from 'blues don't change' has guitar work that is a throwback to 'little dreamer' and 'whatcha gonna do' (the album).

anyway, i'm always hoping that snowy and pete work some more together, more extensively than snowy's guest appearance on 'time traders'. snowy is making a jazz influenced album. maybe he could get pete to guest on that one.

zero