View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 09:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillamene View Post
It was a big concert, but I distinctly remember that tickets on the day were certainly reduced in price. I was at the far end of the stadium, so -despite the big screens- they seemed very far away. Of course, this was in the days before the HD screens we have to-day. It was a long afternoon/evening with sets from River City People,Hall and Oates and Jethro Tull before the Mac hit the stage. They were fantastic as usual and there was a great atmosphere, even if it was outdoors and not as memorable for me as that in Wembley Arena two years before.
Mick's first book had just been published and I got my copy signed by him the day before the concert in Virgin Megastore ,Oxford Street.
Know what you mean- the old Wembley wasn't always a great venue for concerts. I was on the floor and quite close to the stage for the Stones in the mid-90's and that was absolutely awesome... but I was near the back for Michael Jackson- that was an absolutely abysmal experience despite the grand staging and pyrotechnics.
btw- that was quite a set of support acts.