View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll miss all those mini adventures to see them in concert and sitting in anticipation to see 5 individuals who really, against all odds are still together making music. I'll miss thinking through all of the years they have helped me through all the ups and downs in life and looking forward to what may be around the corner for them.

Of all the shows I've been to, I think opening night in Columbus 2013 stands out. Perhaps the most relaxed I've seen Lindsey and Stevie to date and I like to remember their dynamic the way they were that night. Stevie left her sunglasses on for The Chain & Dreams. Sad Angel and Without You were played for the first time live. I was less than ten feet from them most of the show. I was so excited for what I thought may be coming in the near future. I'll miss that excitement and love I had for that group of people, in that configuration.

I wrote this on my phone a few years back while waiting for them to come out in Cleveland, February 2015. The last time I actually saw all 5.

"Im really lucky to have the chance to see this band from every angle over the past 15 years and thats a lot of great memories and dreams to have come true. Every time i see them i'm reminded of that 14 year old kid in his room who just wanted to play guitar like Lindsey Buckingham. For some Kids it was jimmy Page or hendrix...for me it was that travis fingerpicking style on a rick turner model 1 guitar. okay...yes rumours has become overplayed 70s Pop...but Tusk was some sort of tribal-punk-pop cocktail of an album that i didnt appreciate until my 20s. Mirage taught me the true meaning of less is more and the power of being understated. What it really means to hone your craft and master it. from that fuzz on the ledge...the solo in gypsy...or those signature lines on the chain...or those beautiful guitar arpeggioss on Sara..that never gets old. that 14 year year old kid remains."

Last edited by BigAl84; 08-10-2018 at 03:17 PM..