View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Then she should drop the pretense that she is still a 'prolific writer. A real artist would simply keep creating despite low sales. To her fans, the only evidence we have of her creativity is what she releases for consumption. It is worse to NOT release new music, because you lose your core fans sooner or later as they get nothing to chew on. I can overlook her egotism and other annoyances but as a fan I struggle to maintain interest without new music on a regular basis.
You are so spot on. Of course!! A prolific artist would have written songs for the new Mac Album. (BuckVie) in this case. Said, "Hey, I still want to tour my new material, so can't tour until later because I have a new solo album and I want to tour this new album I have. Period.

Like you said, it's the pretense that irks me the most. It reminds me of the show Absolutely Fabulous where the main character pretends to be a world famous PR exec because she had a few clients in her prime. It's quite comical.