View Single Post
Old 05-26-2018, 07:03 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
And fans of Chris Hardwick (from The Nerdist Podcast and The Talking Dead TV Show) may want to check out this great hour + interview Chris did with Neil Finn.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CFopuSgtgTg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I am very interested in the process of making music - that quite often fascinates me more than anything else, even if it's 'nerdy'.

Great questions and answers, and he talks quite a lot starting at around 7:30 about working with Mick Fleetwood in the studio on some of his own recent work. I thought the first time they met would've been at end of last FM tour in 2015, but apparently they'd run into each other one time before that.

It seems like there are signs of good working partnership. At heart I think he takes the music seriously but he also likes to have some fun and I think Mick would enjoy his sense of humour and spontaneity. That's something they could probably do with a bit more of at FM shows. It used to be a feature in their earlier days.

(There's some talk about how the second Crowded House album didn't get as good a reception as the first. I guess I'm in the smaller crowd of people who probably liked the second one better!)

Last edited by Missy; 05-26-2018 at 07:05 AM..