View Single Post
Old 08-20-2015, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndoingTheLaces View Post
Album covers always add to or detract from an album experience to me. Which is sad everything is about downloads now and you really miss out on some wonderful photography or art work. But the SA album cover was so un-Stevie with all that pink, and the matte finish and nothing going on. I saw some outtakes of other shoots around that time which would have really enhanced the look and feel of it.

I loved Greta and a few others when it first came out but it wasn't until Enchanted that I really started listening to the songs from SA. Then I was really surprised to find that there were actually much better mixes on the actual album. Blue Denim had a bunch of different versions and there are a few that are way better than the one on Enchanted. And I've recently fallen in love with the TimeSpace version of Listen To The Rain, which has so much more oomph than the SA version. So if you gather up all the various bits of Street Angel there is a lot of great material there. I think it was just that end of the line way of throwing the pieces she did together to just get it out there that hurt it. I grew to love it a lot more in the following years as I put together the missing pieces.
I couldn't agree with you more esp. about the LP outtake photos. There are so many better one's that could've been chosen. I so LOVE the TS version of Listen to the Rain. The lyrics just everything was much better with that version. She changed the lyrics up on the SA version ugh. I'd heard that other version so much that when the official SA version came out I so didn't like it because it wasn't the version I'd loved so much. Stevie rocked the tour though. It was my first solo concert of hers and she was awesome really. So I may not have loved the LP but I loved the tour that's for sure!! Some of the outtake songs are much better than the version we did get. I loved hearing outtakes etc. from all her solo lp's. Sometimes I like those better than the official released versions.
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."