View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Top 10 Led Zeppelin Live Bootlegs
by Corbin Reiff

During the course of their 12-year existence, Led Zeppelin rightfully earned a reputation as one of the great live performance bands of all time. Much of this reputation came from word of mouth, from people who had seen for themselves the mighty power produced by Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones and John Bonham onstage together. As the years have worn on and memories fade, much of that reputation endures by way of the many hundreds of homemade recordings made out on the road. But where to start? Check out our Top 10 Led Zeppelin Live Bootlegs:
'Listen to this Eddie!: L.A. Forum'
June 21, 1977

With some exception, Led Zeppelin never played as good as they did as when they played in Los Angeles. From 1970 on, the Forum in Inglewood became the site of some of the group’s biggest triumphs, including the vaunted show in 1972 that resulted in the triple-disc collection ‘How the West Was Won.’ In 1977, Zeppelin played an astounding six-night run at the Forum, all of which produced bootlegs of notable acclaim. It was the first night of their residency, however, that not only produced the best quality recording, but also the best overall performance resulting in what many consider to be the best live bootleg of any artist from that era.
Correct me if I'm wrong (like I'd expect otherwise from you people), but wasn't a majority of How The West Was Won recorded at Long Beach Arena?? Kind of shoots that theory down that LA was their "haven". Pretty much every LZ Boot I've heard recorded at LB Arena is nearly official release quality and the performances incredible.