Thread: Rose Garden
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 11:31 PM
Senior Ledgie

I'm not a huge fan of Rose Garden myself. Her vocal is VERY klonopin here, one-note and droning. I like the music and lyrics okay though. The RAL demo has worse music but more what I would have liked to see from a vocal (i.e. Some emotion).

I like her 1998 Enchanted Tour performances of the song from her energy alone. She seems to really enjoy playing the song and the band creates a great vibe with it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzZ6-k_Omgw

Agreed on a country album, I actually enjoy most of her country esque songs. I wish she had recorded them all around the time of Bella Donna, those were her PEAK vocals for that style of song.

After the Glitter Fades
That's Alright
Too Far From Texas
Sorcerer
Think About It
Rose Garden
Borrowed
For What It's Worth

Lots of others have distinct country influences too (Blue Water, much of Bella Donna and TISGL).

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)