View Single Post
Old 05-25-2004, 01:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
Grunge wasn't happening in 1987 (that didn't come along until about 1991), but heavy metal was at the peak of its popularity.
Bon Jovi, Cinderella, Poison and the like, were all dominating the airwaves then. Not to mention capturing the fancy of millions of teenaged boys and girls... pretty much all of whom wouldn't have been caught dead listening to Fleetwood Mac.

And those teenagers who didn't listen to heavy metal, tended to prefer alt-rock bands like R.E.M. and 10,000 Maniacs.
I must've been in a very small minority because back in 1987 (Ah, The good ol' high school years...) I was listening to the above mentioned bands (Except Bon Jovi who I never cared for, Whom I have a rather negative name for which I wont print here...hehehehe) but more thrash metal than anything (Anthrax, Slayer, Testament, Megadeth & of course Metallica before Lars & Co. started to see the almighty $$$ in the mid-90's and thus sucked!) and yet I still listened to Fleetwood Mac because they were considered un-cool to like.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."