View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 07:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy spencer View Post
I finally have to say at this point, having read a lot of presumptuous slurs against and slagging of Mick Fleetwood on this early years forum, some from people who hardly know him or don't even know him at all, that I have only known him to be a good, caring and generous man; giving to his own hurt while not making a big show of it.
Well from my point of view, it wasn't necessarily about the money, it was just simply that if Christine did say she wouldn't be there if Bob was there, then Mick obviously wanted Christine there more than he wanted Bob there. Whatever those reasons were (perhaps for financial reasons, perhaps for the band, we may never know).

As for the negative comments about Mick, what we see is the public persona, which has often come across as being focused on the money. You know him privately better than any of us, but sadly that isn't the side the fans get to see (and it isn't just Mick, it has been a band problem for Fleetwood Mac since the late 1970's).

We want artists to release the music because of their love of the music and their love of the fans that support them. We've seen that from a lot of ex-Fleetwood Mac members, Bob Welch and yourself included (and Dave W, Bekka, Billy, Rick, Peter and others).