View Single Post
Old 02-09-2024, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
We’ll just have to agree to disagree on this one. Your point that Azoff blamed Lindsey for not calling Buck/Vie a FM album, I don’t make the connection. A FM album wouldn’t make that much money, certainly not what a tour would. And wouldn’t Azoff have still made money off the album since he was Lindsey’s manager at the time? And he was left with a tour without Lindsey because the band fired him, apparently with Azoff’s approval/encouragement. The band wanted Lindsey out so much they settled almost immediately. They made so much money from the tour, even if they settled for $14 million, they still made a ton of money. And we know they settled for less than $14 million because that was what he was asking- I wouldn’t be surprised if they settled for $10 million, but they must have thought it was worth it.

No way for any of us to know for sure, but I think instead of it being one or two big issues, it was several things that happened along the way that finally led to Stevie and Irving saying enough. Doesn’t mean that it was right, but that’s my where my vote is.
I just revisited what I wrote and I did kind of contradict myself. I said Fleetwood Mac album when I meant tour.

What I meant is the release of the BuckVie album started the bad mojo between Lindsey and Stevie which eventually resulted in the Music Cares meltdown and Lindsey's departure. Irving was pissed because he had another Fleetwood Mac cash grab tour in the works and it went sideways. It was several issues, Stevie had her own issues and Irving was pissed about his business objectives being disrupted. Irving knew with Lindsey out of the picture, the tour financials could look different.

The band settling quickly had nothing to do with how much they wanted him out - it's because they literally had no case. Had it gone to court, they would have lost. Then they would be paying out Lindsey PLUS all the legal fees of going to court.

Last edited by BigAl84; 02-09-2024 at 01:15 PM..