View Single Post
Old 12-22-2018, 05:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Once again, totally missing the point.

You are hung up on a literal interpretation of 'working hard'. And your fixation that I am somehow dissing Pat.

For the last attempt at clarity, I am saying that Stevie has made her career her singular focus, to the point of sacrificing other areas of her life. Pat has chosen to live a more well-rounded life and have a family, etc. Often show business rewards those who take what I would consider the less healthy path of having nothing else in their lives but their careers.

If you still fail to understand, which I expect you will, so be it.
Again, you are misinterpreting things and repeat false statements. This is my last post on this thread. To allege Pat did not make her career a singular focus is so far from reality its silly to even respond to. Yes, well into the mid to late 80's Pat did slow down to have a family. In the mid 90's Stevie disappeared and it had nothing to do with a family. During Pat's early career and to the apex of her career, she put out an album and toured every year.
You are too Stevie obsessed in claiming because Stevie wore capes and took photos of herself that some how puts her ahead in the work ethic department. Nothing could be further from the truth. When Stevie took years off between albums her drug habit took hold and was so far from reality that she could not even finish an album over 2 years time. They had to bring songs to Stevie to sing for the first time in her career. Stevie was more interested in the party than her music. That was never the case for Pat.
You are entitled to your opinion and worship Stevie but to minimalize others and present false statements and your opinions as facts is just wrong. I recognize the work, sacrifice, and contributions Pat made to rock. I never saw her in concert. I never bought any of her music during her mainstream career, and I personally did not like her because she always took the awards I wanted Stevie to get. Having said that, everything I have posted in this thread is not opinion, I stated facts. You just keep stating your opinion which you have every right to do. But when someone presents their opinion as false fact, they need to be corrected. To allege Pat Benatar did not make her career a singular focus is laughable but its also a false statement. Even Stevie slowed down after 1991 and disappeared in the mid 90s. It appears you don't know much about the barriers Pat over came during her early years and into her career. I would suggest maybe watching a Behind the Music or Wikipedia to educate yourself. But I doubt you will do that. Your idol worship wont let you. You keep finding self imposed ways to convince yourself somehow Stevie worked harder. Pat having a family does not diminish her career in the slightest(but you keep repeating that over and over). Stevie's drug addiction did not diminish her career but it sure impacted the quality of music to say the least. Its YOUR OPINION that Pat did not focus fully on her career like Stevie. Thanks for sharing Facts state otherwise.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-22-2018 at 06:18 AM..