View Single Post
Old 12-08-2020, 10:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Does it really matter? It’s semantics, which this board painfully pisses over. Lindsey was out of the band. Mike would have joined regardless. He surely knew by Hawaii. He could have backed out and the band could have gotten Rick Vito or maybe gone for someone like Jeff Beck. Who gives a crap?

I could see it being Mick’s idea, I could see it being Irving’s idea, and I could see it being Stevie’s idea. Again, who cares? After the decision to was made to fire Lindsey, Mike Campbell was the obvious choice. Lindsey was fired and Stevie was obviously distraught over Tom’s death, so who to get to be the new guitarist? C’mon, it’s not rocket science. Total no-brainer. He has a significant history with the band’s biggest star, was a member of one of the most beloved bands ever, and was unexpectedly available.

Why is that hard to believe? Sure, they knew a lot of the same people, but their professional paths never crossed, unless you count “Freedom,” which is kind of a stretch. As for not remembering the exact number of times, face it, it’s not like sobriety was ever a priority with those guys and they meet lots of people whenever they’re out in the world. Part of the territory of being a rock star. Again, pissing over semantics. He got the point across that he didn’t personally know Mick.
You quoted me yet completely changed what I said in your response.

I did NOT say it was HARD to believe Mick never met or barely Met Mike. I said it was revealing since they were not close or barely knew each other that Mick would ask him to join Fleetwood Mac.

The answer to your first question: YES it does matter. Why do you want to justify Mick's lie. Why are you rationalizing Stevie's behavior?
That was the entire reason for me posting about Mike's interview. He shares details that prove the ridiculousness of Mick. You brush it over "does it really matter."
YES it does. Why cant he just say the truth? Stevie controls the band of who is fired and who is hired.
Yet you quoted several lines of my posting rationalizing everything Mick said or did based on his lies.