View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonmac View Post
Thanks for posting the link. I read an article like this that contains the standard calculating responses by Mick and I honestly feel sick to my stomach. I know there are many of you who are happy or at least willing to go along with this new lineup but I just don’t get it. I’m really trying to see your point of view, but how can you as fans support this? They tossed there creative leader out like he was garbage and now we are all supposed to just go along with a band playing covers and pay $300? I just can’t stand by silently seeing how wronged Lindsey Buckingham was here knowing how much of his life he devoted to this band. How can you guys as long time fans?

I would be surprised if there was new music by this group. Watch Campbell’s instagram account. He pushes the Dirty Knobs in every other video. Don’t think he is in this for the long haul, I could be wrong.
I guess it's just perspective. Being a teenager when Lindsey left in 1987, I was devastated, freaked out, depressed, you name it, but I didn't hate or begrudge Lindsey for leaving the band. When FM added Billy and Rick for the tour, I skipped the tour, because I felt it wasn't really FM. Then I read all the reviews, and then later I bought their Greatest Hits and fell in love with As Long As You Follow, which gave me hope that a new album by FM would be worth checking out. And when Save Me came out, I was hooked again, just like when I heard Big Love for the first time on the radio. So for me, there was life for FM after Lindsey left. But, I didn't feel the same way when Time came out. However, I didn't hate or begrudge FM for recording Time without Lindsey, Stevie, or Rick. And I didn't hate or begrudge Lindsey when he vetoed letting Christine record songs with them for Say You Will. Likewise, I don't hate or begrudge FM for firing Lindsey. Nor do I hate or begrudge Lindsey for suing FM. And just like I gave FM a chance when Lindsey left, and then when Stevie and Rick left, and then when Dave Mason and Bekka joined, and then when Christine left, I'm going to give them a chance now with Lindsey gone and Neil and Mike on board.

Wilsonmac, I don't expect you to change your mind based on my response, but I hope you CAN see how I, as a fan, could support this latest incarnation of FM.

Last edited by bwboy; 10-28-2018 at 05:53 PM..