View Single Post
Old 10-04-2018, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
The events of this year have been the final nail in the coffin for me. But that doesn’t mean I don’t still love the music from earlier in Stevie’s career. However, any excitement or interest for her/FM’s future is definitely gone. It’s been a very long road for me to get here, and it began in 2006 when she toured with Tom Petty for free vs going back into the studio with FM. Stevie’s refusal to record with the band even after Christine’s improbable return greatly accelerated my being over Stevie. I’ve been a fan since 1993- I’ve waited for 25 years for a final album from the Rumours 5. So it’s not like I haven’t been patient. But I’m at peace with everything now. I don’t really care what Stevie and the band do or do not do from here out. It’s wonderfully liberating to not have the stress of waiting for new Mac music dangling over me anymore. I’ll always have the wonderful music of the past to enjoy, and for the first time, that’s enough for me. No more stressing over cash grab oldies tours or ill conceived solo projects- just simple enjoyment of what we already have. It’s a wonderful feeling!
I agree with everything you said. I'm definitely not burning her old albums in protest, but I feel like the excitement is just gone. When I was young (before the internet) I would force my dad to call Modern Records to get information on release dates. Aside from the quality of her last release being pretty disappointing, I'm mostly over her explanations of whats wrong with the music industry and why she doesn't want to record anymore or write anything new.