View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I have a real problem with a book like this being marketed for public consumption. Stevie is the said victim of abuse, but she hasn't written it, nor has she seemed to have openly authorized the writer to create a thesis like this cobbled together from past snippets of interviews or private communications.

I'm not saying that the thesis isn't true. It might be. But Stevie herself would have to publicly stand behind the book's publication and endorse the views therein. Otherwise, it's a best hearsay and at worst muckraking and sensationalism.
i'm surprised on one hand we've heard nothing from her or her camp-- I say this because I recall her saying if Lindsay Lohan went and made a movie about her life she would rip it all over the press. (Note she has made this same threat of ripping a project in the press against FM when they have not seen eye to eye).

On the other hand, her team may have convinced her that by commenting she'd just be giving the book more press and help it sell more copies, so she should just totally ignore that it exists.