View Single Post
Old 12-30-2018, 07:22 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I think Listen to the Rain is one of the album's best tracks. I agree Unconditional Love seems like filler though. I think Kick it is over produced to being dull. I love the line in Love is like a river "You must have many things to remember, cause nothing else in your life has really changed" LOL I can so relate to that line. I love Listen to the rain and wish she would have done it live. Its one of her biggest rockers plus being so autobiographical.
I do agree the album would have been better if the 1992 version of Mirror Mirror included as well as Thousand Days. I would have dropped the song Street Angel and called it Mirror Mirror instead. However, its rare when Stevie writes about current events. Homelessness must have really touched her.
BTW, I love Greta and think its one of the album's best tracks. The music is very good and those drums crack (love it).
Stevie is misguided in her dislike for the album and blames the vocals. Her vocals are superb on the album. She is blaming herself and trying to find a reason to hate the album because it was not successful.
I'm gonna have to give "Listen to the Rain" another shot based on that write-up! Maybe ive been missing something the few times I've tried to listen to it. There's a demo somewhere of the Timespace version that I need to give a relisten as well. I completely agree about Stevie trying to find an explanation for the albums lack of success, I really don't think it's anything to be embarrassed of (unlike Rock a Little, as much as I enjoy parts of it). It certainly holds up better in retrospect than any of her later 80s material.

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)