View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Stars was my favorite when I left the concert Friday, but since I've been listening to these, I think I like "In Our Own Time" best. However, that's a shade of distinction that means little. I love End of Time, Stars and In Our Own Time all very much.

I'm so/so on Illumination, but I do like the rather sinister start, "I've got a bad reputation and you've got something to hide." Makes me feel all film noir-y.

Michele
it's interesting how we all have different favorites and listen to different things in a song. when i left the concert my favorites were Illumination and The way love goes. although i felt a little strange that songs that i liked the most did not sound to me like a typical LB. when i started listening to Pattie's videos i thought i liked In our own time the best and was pleasantly surprised that what i managed to capture on video was that song... now in our own time and the way love goes are my definite favorites with illumination following close, although i do like the other two also, and i think that Stars sounds the most like typical LB stuff he's been doing in the last 10 years...

but what i listen to is mostly how the music/rhythm sounds, and barely register the words unless they are really great or really in-your-face horrible... from your description of the songs, i think you pay more attention to words and that's probably why we have different favorites.

good thing he gave us 6 songs all at once so we all love some of them

actually, after sleeping on all the excitement, i have to admit that no matter how much i liked UTS and GOS, before friday i believed he peaked with 2001 GoS 1, and that he'd never write again something that good. so, i'm so happy to be a fan at this time and feel privileged to even know this is happening. my expectations were so much lower and i just LOVE this group of songs and think they are unbelievable! like TrueFaith said - Lindsey's on fire!

Last edited by elle; 04-24-2011 at 03:08 PM..