View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 06:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanketMan View Post
Heh, as a proud member of Team Lindsey since the 70s, I winced a little at the author's obvious Stevie Bias! I couldn't actually refute anything that he wrote... but still! I even saw a number of "Stevie Nicks for President" shirts being worn by fans, but no LB for Prez versions!

Stevie may have Lindsey beat in the Q-rating department, but how many times has Bill Hader parodied her on SNL?!?

Seriously, though, it's still great seeing the two of them on stage together. The crowd still goes nuts anytime they exhibit any fondness toward each other. It's a unique dynamic in pop/rock music.
Like I said, people were taping her performance of Dreams, but when Rhiannon started, many were already seating with their phones and looking anywhere but her performance.

People were on their feet when I'm so Afraid ended. So it's just a matter of perception, I guess.

The Sara fondness was all faked, IMO. It was totally forced. They didn't sing together in GYOW. Probably the only real interaction was after Landslide. You can't be happy with a Sara hug and then ignore the fact that they weren't near each other for the bows (again).
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.