View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Do you honestly think Christine ever felt the need to make such a pact? Do you think Christine ever had to worry about not partying with the boys? Do you really think Christine lost a single night’s sleep ever worrying that Mick might be paying her less than Bob Welch or Lindsey Buckingham? Also, Christine was still in a legal battle over who owned the band’s name, so I’m sure she was especially sensitive about getting screwed over. Not that she had anything to worry about with Fleetwood Mac, since Mick was like a brother and she was still married to John.

The only reason Stevie made those pacts was because she was completely out of her league, and the pacts gave her some sense of security.
This! Christine was always a Queen among the boys. And she didn't need to do anything! The pact. What pact? I think at this point in her career/life Christine doesn't want to spend her energy contradicting Stevie anymore. She just rolls her eyes and grabs her bat for GYOW.

Quote:
Stevie fans can dish it out with the best of them. I remember Stevie fans bashing the hell out of Bekka Bramlett in 1995. I also remember when “Twisted” was announced how Stevie fans said things like bringing in Lindsey was her revenge on Mick for not letting her use Silver Springs (obviously before it was learned Mick played drums on it). Point being that those of us who’ve been part of the Fleetwood Mac online community for over twenty years have seen ugliness from all factions.
Too bad I wasn't around that time. Some fans make a fuss about everything. But Stevie's fans are particularly over sensitive and over protective of their Queen. Maybe it's because she's constantly telling them how much each of them means to her. Awwww, why can't Christine do that?
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.

Last edited by button-lip; 02-10-2018 at 04:21 PM..