View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferuk View Post
Apols for typos etc as I'm on my phone & still caffeinating. If you're on Elle's FB page you'll see this posted under my full/real name. Highlights for me:

-Security were brilliant, gave us front row wristbands & said we could stand, sit, do as please but save a spot at the stage, if desired, as they'd let others up at the end.
-we were next to a fun couple who decided to stand as did I, but not many did. At the start of Hold Me I turned & tried to get people up...not much luck. My husband said a lady by him asked people not to stand. He stood, sat, alternated.
-LB winding C up was the best, forcing her to make the speech they were having a complete sibling moment. I love the banter.
-CM sounded amazing. I'm thrilled the karaoke is toned down. She's definitely singing, doesn't pretend to play when she's not as she acknowledges Brett.
-A maraca wave & eye contact from CM is a thrill. To me she remains the Queen of all things: talented, fun, beautiful, and most of all she's clearly happy. I've said it before, but it's a joy to see after how over it she looked back in 97.
-she flubbed a line on YMLF and gave LB an 'oh well' look. Sweet. She doesn't seem to use her prompter but a tech adjusted it at one point.
-GYOW: she pretended to not have the bat& shrugged when LB waited for it, then she pulled it out. Loved it.
-an end front row couple came to the middle with white roses they tried to give LB, and kept calling out his name. He put up his hand up in a not now way. Eventually they pushed the roses on stage. CM later picked them up & moved them behind her keys or maybe handed them off.
-I was between LBs monitors - next to a floor speaker but managed a guitar strum. Fun.
-No autographs signed, despite a few trying
-I was thrilled when the crowd finally got up to the stage. Fantastic to see LBs face when he spotted Elle!
-Lovely to meet Elle and so many others & chat afterwards. Thanks for a wonderful night.
Thanks for the review. I am excited for next Saturday. Love to see Christine happy and her zest for life, new music, touring, and even on stage talking.