View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for posting this. I am curious about the book, because I feel like Fleetwood Mac is a band that there is little we don't already know about them. Same thing with Stevie Nicks. I really can't imagine there will be anything in this book that will surprise us. And the things I'm really interested in, such as more details about Stevie's recording process, successes and frustrations with certain albums, songs, or producers, etc, the author probably won't have any idea about.

I would love to read how the band (and Stevie in her solo work) decides which songs to perform live. Any rituals they perform before they go on stage? We know they like to tour, but why exactly? The money? The applause? How did they feel when they found out Bob Welch died? What was it like filming some of their videos? How did Stevie feel about recording Behind the Mask? Was she happy with the album? She supposedly didn't get along with the producer of Street Angel- why not? Why did she agree to work with him? Was it her decision and then did she come to regret it, or was it out of her hands in the first place?

That was something I really loved about Billy Burnette's autobiography- he wrote about little things FM did, like how much they spent on making albums, different parties at Stevie's house and the famous people who were there, and how the band used to jam in the hotel rooms after performing a concert- why do I have a feeling that NEVER happened until Billy and Rick Vito joined?! I would love it if this book had stories like that, but without input from Stevie, I don't see how it could.