Thread: 24KG Tour Dates
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2016, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Christie Hynde's tour dates and these don't jibe. Plus the venues are way too big.
Pretenders vocalist Chrissie Hynde announces solo North American tour dates

Scott Shetler - AXS Contributor
By: Scott Shetler AXS Contributor Sep 5, 2014

Pretenders vocalist Chrissie Hynde announces solo North American tour dates
YouTube
If you haven’t thought about Pretenders singer Chrissie Hynde in a while, now would be a good time to get reacquainted. The 62-year-old rock goddess issued a critically-acclaimed solo album earlier this summer, and now she has announced a 25-date theater tour in support of the record.

The trek begins on October 30 in Toronto. Noteworthy venues on the six-week tour include the Chicago Theatre, New York’s Beacon Theater, and the Masonic in San Francisco. Hynde’s final scheduled date is December 6 at the Pantages Theatre in Los Angeles. Fans can register now for a ticket presale. During the upcoming tour, Hynde has promised to perform tracks from the new record, as well as classic Pretenders material.

In June, Hynde released Stockholm, the first solo album of her nearly 40-year career. The record received solid reviews and debuted at No. 36 on Billboard. Guests performers on Stockholm range from Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Neil Young to former tennis player John McEnroe, who contributes electric guitar.

Hynde has promoted the album with appearances on “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon” and “The Colbert Report.” On “Colbert,” she engaged in witty banter with the host, who jokingly asked her why she had “rejected Lady Liberty” to live in England. “I’ve got my band there, and I go where the music is,” she replied, smiling. “Sort of ‘have band, will travel.’ I’m a citizen of the world. I’m a hippie, man.”

Stockholm features the lead single “Dark Sunglasses,” a polished bundle of rock energy. The track is accented by clattering percussion, a trademark of the song’s co-writer, Bjorn Yttling of Peter Bjorn and John.

Chrissie Hynde North American Tour Dates:

Oct. 30 – Toronto, Ont. – Massey Hall
Nov. 1 – Boston, Mass. – Orpheum Theatre
Nov. 2 – Red Bank, N.J. – Count Basie Theatre
Nov. 4 – Philadelphia, Penn. – Tower Theatre
Nov. 5 – New York, N.Y. – Beacon Theatre
Nov. 7 – Washington, D.C. – Lincoln Theatre
Nov. 8 – Charlotte, N.C. – Ovens Auditorium
Nov. 10 – Nashville, Tenn. – Ryman Auditorium
Nov. 12 – Chicago, Ill. – Chicago Theatre
Nov. 13 – Akron, Ohio – Akron Civic Center
Nov. 15 – Detroit, Mich. – Masonic Temple
Nov. 16 – Kansas City, Mo. – Uptown Theater
Nov. 18 – Dallas, Texas – Winspear Opera House
Nov. 19 – Austin, Texas – ACL Live at the Moody Theater
Nov. 20 – Houston, Texas – Bayou Music Center
Nov. 21 – Tulsa, Okla. – Brady Theatre
Nov. 23 – Denver, Col. – Paramount Theatre
Nov. 24 – Salt Lake City, Utah – Kingsbury Hall
Nov. 26 – Mesa, Ariz. – Mesa Arts Center
Nov. 28 – Las Vegas, Nev. – The Pearl
Nov. 29 – San Diego, Calif. – The Balboa Theatre
Dec. 2 – San Francisco, Calif. – The Masonic
Dec. 4 – Santa Rosa, Calif. – Wells Fargo Center for the Arts
Dec. 5 – Santa Barbara, Calif. – Arlington Theatre
Dec. 6 – Los Angeles, Calif. – Pantages Theatre

These dates seem to be from 2014....The ones I posted are from Stevie's website...