View Single Post
Old 11-03-2023, 07:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Yes I meant with the drugs. She said that several times and you could see it. She seemed so grown up in her 1984 interviews and tour. She also admitted a pain pill addiction which is what I think the rehab was for. She fell at her house and developed a dependency on pain pills. I must say you were right because I remember you posting here several months ago that Eddy was given credit on songs he never really helped to write.
These guys really upset her. She wont even talk about them yet wrote songs about them. Her history is always being treated wrong with men and she even put that in her songs. I think her isolation really made this worse. She was not living the crazed rock star life anymore and it hit harder compared to her Brian Wilson/John McVie days.
Eddy was given far more credit than he deserved. He tinkered around and added little details to what she'd already created. It irritates me because her love blind generosity gave him the eventual financial freedom to basically do whatever he wanted , and there she was, still trying to save that train wreck of a marriage which should have ended years before it did. (To be fair, I think many women are guilty of holding on longer than we should. We close our eyes to what everyone else can see. )

The rehab was for alcohol and pain pills and who knows what else. She went more than once. I heard the reason she fell and developed the pain pill addiction was because she was drunk in the first place. While John is the band member who is always labeled 'alcoholic', Chris also was to a degree. Maybe her issues paled in comparison to what she dealt with in relationships with John and Dennis, but that doesn't mean she didn't also share those struggles. I agree she really went into a downward spiral after her 2004 relationship ended and she was in such isolation. I think that's why she seemed so joyous and free and thrilled to be back in her last decade, because she really had to claw her way out of that. I admire her tenacity.

--Lis