View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I like this list. I wouldn't really put Holiday Road on there, but I like this list.

Elle, Stars Are Crazy is a classic. Concede. But I wouldn't put a song on there that he didn't write, actually. No, not Blue Letter either.

Michele

I'm with you on Stars Are Crazy. I love it on the album, and it was just gorgeous live, but there are so many other great songs that are 100% written by him, I would have preferred one of them on this list.

Overall, I like this list too, and I love that Holiday Road is there, lol. It's a classic, and I agree with the writer, it's amazing it didn't make it higher on the charts.

Mostly, though, I'm thrilled to see Seeds We Sow on there. I think it's a song that took time for a lot of fans to warm to, but I think it more than deserves it's place in the top 5

Someone's Gotta Change Your Mind, Gift of Screws and Soul Drifter are fine choices too. I like that the list spans a lot of different styles and eras, without omitting either the obvious (highest charting) choices (e.g., Go Insane, Trouble) or the (for the casual listener) more obscure (e.g., Seeds We Sow, SGCYM).