Thread: Nicks McNuggets
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Nicole Atkins is currently on tour in support of her sophomore album, 'Mondo Amore,' backed by a collective of musicians known as the Black Sea. Four years after the release of her debut record, 'Neptune City,' the 32-year-old singer-songwriter is back to showcase her unique blend of rootsy-folk and indie rock, exemplified by her latest single, 'Vultures.'

In her latest Road Report, Atkins talks about post-'Conan' euphoria and struggling to find her words when meeting Stevie Nicks. The singer also took a break from the tour to film her next video for 'Cry Cry Cry,' which she says was inspired by a Jean-Luc Godard film. Read more about her travels, and take a peek at Atkins' personal photos after the jump.

So after we did the 'Conan' show, which was a total blast, I came down with the horrible cough that Cotton Jones and my bass player, Jeremy, previously had. Awesome. I had no voice whatsoever, so we sadly had to cancel our San Diego show. I got a good day of rest, though, and we finished out the West Coast with a radio convention in La Jolla where I got to meet one of my heroes, Stevie Nicks. She had some really great stories and I was so jammed that all I managed to squeak out was an "I love you man. Can I hug you?" Awkward.

http://www.spinner.com/2011/03/02/ni...cry-cry-video/