Thread: Nicks McNuggets
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default MissLadyLoki??

Sorry Stevie
Posted by Cassie

You need realize that for me to take Stevie Nicks’ name in vain is the equivalent of someone killing a puppy or pasting a picture of Lady Gaga over the face of Jesus at a Catholic church. This pains me. But the truth must be told. Continuing on with new music week we have a new tune from Ms. Nicks leading up to the release of her next studio album In Your Dreams which is to be released May 3. The lead-off single, “Secret Love” falls short. This song is unoriginal and bad. It sounds like Stevie wrote it in the time it took her to make one lap around her Santa Monica manse with her black velvet cape billowing behind her. And it sounds like she wrote it and recorded it assuming it was still 1992.

It actually reminds me of a Stevie song that I do love, called “Blue Denim” which she released in the mid-nineties. I stalked a guy in high school to that song. Long story.

Anyway, what I was hoping from Stevie (now that she is 62 of a certain age) is something like Cher did with Believe. A complete reinvention. Electronic/dance music is so hot right now that even rappers are doing dance tracks to make a buck. Slow, light-listening songs about a “Secret Love” just don’t sell. Hopefully there’s a DJ out there who will take pity and do some remixes or mash-ups with it. Now that would be hot.

http://jukeboxhero.areavoices.com/20.../sorry-stevie/