View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 09:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Great post, SteveMacD! The line I keep thinking about was that FM has only released 5 albums in 30 years (albums with all new material).
Of course, I love Fleetwood Mac. That's why I'm here. I am mostly a fan of the Rumours era, but I like material from every Fleetwood Mac era.
Still, the Rumours era band has been offered major opportunities. They have been given second (The Dance), third (Say You Will), and fourth chances (Unleashed tour) by industry execs to be the band they could still be.
If I were Fleetwood Mac, I would have ran with these opportunities. I would have put out more material because I would have worried that I may never get another chance. Why they seem to think that the music industry is going to be standing in line waiting for them to offer their material is beyond me and really a self centered attitude. Yes, if I were in the industry, I'd give them every chance in the world, but not everyone in the industry is a Fleetwood Mac fan!
According to what we've read lately, Stevie and Lindsey are both working on solo albums and working, at least in some aspect, together with Dave Stewart. I don't blame them for wanting to make solo albums. Shortly after that, they either need to get a Fleetwood Mac album together or announce they are never going to do another Fleetwood Mac album. If they don't, I think they are making a mistake that could cost Fleetwood Mac the majority of the fans it has left.