Thread: Lindsey's women
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2005, 08:48 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly
I think it is fascinating the loyalty LB has shown Stevie over the years...especially during their down/estranged times. Yea he has said a few sarcastic things about the amount of men, he has written some sarcastic songs but one thing he has never done is reveal personal things about her in books or to the press. He has kept her secrets even when she was treating him like utter ****. IMHO, this is one of the things that draws Stevie to him, her ability to trust his loyalty. I think it is really important to Stevie that there is someone like that in her life, who knew her before she became larger than life, rock star Stevie, whom she can trust to never spill about her. Even her own brother has not shown that amount of loyalty to her...as recently as several weeks ago he was saying some stuff to fans out front of a venue that should have been kept quiet. I know LB has said there are some trust issues but they are about other things. Had Lindsey wanted to, he could have lashed out after Mick's book came out and embarrassed Stevie with the story. He could talk about how she slept with a ton of his friends. He could talk about how perhaps Stevie used her sex appeal to further her solo career, aligning herself with just the right people to make it happen in the most successful way possible. He could talk about how completely disloyal it was of both Mick and Stevie for them to get involved with each other or about how deeply it really did hurt him. (thick skin my ass..more like a bottle of Jack D.) Even in the late eighties and early nineties when Stevie was talking about him in a rather dismissive, cold way...he still kept his mouth shut and I find it to be so admirable as well as interesting.

BTW...I think, for the most part, Stevie has also kept alot of LB's personal secrets but she never had a problem writing about his innermost pain in her songs. She also has, at times, allowed her anger, hurt or jealousy to prevail and those are the times when she has said personal things that she probably should have kept between them. (in my opinion)
Very good point..
In interviews after Tango in the Night into the 90's she was really dissing him, while he remained quiet about the whole thing..