View Single Post
Old 03-03-2004, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
To be completely honest, I've never really thought that Stevie and Lindsey's 'Tusk' songs were about each other, although a lot of people certainly have that interpretation.

As 'Tusk' was being written and recorded, Stevie had already dated both Mick and Don Henley, and Lindsey had apparently had at least one relationship between Stevie and Carol Ann Harris... so those relationships could certainly provide fodder for plenty of songs.
And in interviews Lindsey seems to imply that only one of his 'Tusk' tracks was written about Stevie ("That's Enough For Me"). So we can either believe him, or believe he was skirting around the issue.

Anyway, I was just ruminating on the idea that CarneVaca (and others in the past) put forth, that Lindsey might have been commenting on what he (Lindsey) may have felt as Stevie's inability to make music without his "guidance."

So yeah, when that particular meaning has been applied to the songs, then I've often thought that Stevie had the last laugh.

As far as the last laugh, relationship-wise, I guess that would depend on how truly happy one is in their relationship.
Despite popular opinion, you can be pretty doggone happy being single... and pretty doggone miserable being married.
Not all of the songs were about each other, but a good 85% of them were. I mean, Stevie says to this day that Lindsey is a "well of inspiration" for her songs, so I find it hard to believe that at the height of the craziness, these songs weren't about each other. Storms *screams* Lindsey, just as The Ledge *screams* Stevie.

As for what Lindsey has said in interviews, to be frank, every member contradicts themselves in different interviews. I believe that at that particular time, Lindsey probably didn't want to admit that thsoe songs were about Stevie because they had broken up years earlier.