View Single Post
Old 12-31-2013, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Great show!!!! Same set list of course, but it was really fun to be there on the "last" night of the tour. John looked thinner, but good. After The Chain Stevie said something to the effect of "As you can see, John McVie is here and doing great" so that was a nice beginning to the show. Everyone looked and sounded great, and they seemed happy with each other and glad to be there.

This is the first show I've seen since May, so I'm not sure exactly how the details of the show have evolved, but I'll try to share some things I noticed. First of all, Stevie was very energetic and didn't seem to need a few songs to warm up as I thought she did in May. How long has she been doing a high kick at the end of Second Hand News? Also, I enjoyed Dreams and Rhinannon more last night than I have in ages, and she did these really cool little vocal runs at the end of each of them. She even put a couple of twirls into Rhiannon! Sad Angel was really great and seems like a lot of fun for both them and us.

For Landslide, Stevie came out and pointed out that she was wearing her 25-year-old beige boots. She mentioned that she wore them during the filming of AHS and she had them on for so long that she knew could wear them for a little while on stage. (Later she changed back to the black ones, and I will say that by the end of the night she looked like she couldn't wait to get out of heels of any kind!)

The Without You intro didn't seem quite as meandering as it had been, but I won't even try to re-create it....maybe a recording will show up in the other thread. I think this is where we learned that Lindsey loves the Katy Perry song Roar although right now I can't recall how that came up. I haven't seen any recent versions of GDW, but that one seemed to really have evolved a lot, and the crowd ate it up as her show-stopper.

Most of Lindsey's speeches (introducing the Tusk mini-set and Big Love) were pretty much the standard fare, but he did go off-script for Say Goodbye as people have mentioned. I hope a recording of the intro turns up, but he dedicated it to Stevie (who he pointed to as "this beautiful lady") and told her he loved her. Then he joked that she was mad because he just made it hard for her to do the song with him. And she was weepy through it, but it just made the song that much more powerful, and everyone really loved it.

It's hard to remember since May, but I thought maybe some of the background visuals had been changed for some of the songs.

More details may come to me later, and I'll add them as I think of them.