Thread: gripe
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Okay, I finally got Lindsey's "Under the Skin," which I like A LOT. However, I noticed that, as usual, his lyrics are nothing special and, sometimes, pretentious. He mentions "visionary" with re: to himelf two or three times.

None of this really bothers me. I'll listen to "Under the Skin" again and again and enjoy it immensely. What bothers me is that Christine's "In the Meantime" got slammed critically for its lyric fixation on love and romance, whereas everyone hails Lindsey's music and quietly ignores or--occasionally--hails his lyrics.

If Chris had called herself a genius, maybe Rolling Stone would've reviewed her great solo record, too.
I can't comment on Lindsey's solo album, since I haven't listened to it. But, alot of these critics unfortunately are probably pretty young. These young critics nowdays don't seem to care about song lyrics anymore. That may explain it.

I recently checked out Lindsey's album on Amazon to listen to the clips, since they're free. Some of the fan reviews are pretty brutal, surprisingly. So there may be a disconnect between some fans & the critics.

By the way, Rolling Stone did give a pretty favorable review to "acoustic Friend".