View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 03:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I love this song. It sounds so much like pre 75 Christine which is probably why I like it so much. I almost wish they wouldve released Keep Me There instead and then Stevie'chain could've been another Storms type song for the band to release. yea yea i know, the chain as we know it today is such an epic and important song to the band but id take 2 great songs ovee the one.
Yeah, you're right! Keep Me There does have a style that sounds like a late sixties/early seventies outtake. I think in the very early stages in the making of Rumours, they were feeling out different songs, and this one just fell aside ( not surprising, considering the caliber of Christine's other songs more suited to the album).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the band procured instrumental parts from the still-born song, creating new instrumental. Then Stevie wrote lyrics to the new arrangement. That's why it's the only song in their catalog credited to all five of them. It's a band song, not a Stevie song. As Lindsey might say, it was an organic process. Keep You There wasn't replaced by The Chain - it became The Chain.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 02-26-2015 at 03:11 AM..