View Single Post
Old 02-10-2016, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansven View Post
I was studying the cover art of the Jeremy Spencer And The Children LP. I'm sure you're familiar with it. The Grim Reaper in the middle, and several images around him. Cars, sex, family, sports, superheroes, music and fire. I assume it was the state of modern world and humanity..? I don't know who drew or designed it. Perhaps Jeremy Spencer himself could shed some light?

Anyway, I noticed some records there too. Dylan's Highway 61 Revisitied, Beatles' Sgt. Pepper and another I can't remember. AND (partially hid by the guitar) a rider on a horse... It's Then Play On!!!

I wonder why they put that one there...? It would make more sense to me if they put Kiln House there (his last one with FM). Or Future Games, as if to show what direction they took after Spencer left. This was in 1972, and Then Play On was a few years back. The only thing common could be that those records represented some kind of chance in direction...
Btw, does anybody here recognise that grey record?
Hi,
I don't own this record- would you recommend it?
Anyway, my initial reaction looking online was that the two kids are quite reminiscent of the kids on the Kiln House cover. Yes they are of different ages, but it’s the way one of the children in each image is pointing into the distance- surely it must be a nod to Christine’s artwork- perhaps the whole image is the opposite of that idyl depicted on KH. In general it looks to me to be a comment about capitalism/materialism/greed.
I'd hazard a guess Jeremy created the art.