View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 09:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lindsey Buckingham: Fleetwood Mac’s “Transcendent” New LP

part of the interview mojo made available online today and is making social media rounds, as a teaser:

http://www.mojo4music.com/20368/mojo...ey-buckingham/

Lindsey Buckingham: Fleetwood Mac’s “Transcendent” New LP

All five members of Fleetwood Mac in the new edition of MOJO (July 2015/ #260), out now in the UK.

By MOJO STAFF MAY 26, 2015
Fleetwood-2014-770

ALTHOUGH FLEETWOOD MAC are working on songs for a new album, this record could be as a complicated to make relationship-wise as some of their classics, Lindsey Buckingham hinted has to MOJO.

MOJO260_FleetwoodMac_770
A classic shot of Fleetwood Mac on the cover of MOJO 260, on sale in the UK from Tuesday, May 26.

With all five members of the current line-up speaking in individual, extensive interviews in the new edition of MOJO (July 2015/ #260), out now in the UK, the guitarist says he’s working on material with Christine McVie, who recently re-joined the band, but fellow singer – and former partner – Stevie Nicks is not so keen to collaborate again.

“Christine had some rough ideas for new songs, and was very interested in me hearing them and taking them to a more recordable level,” he explains. “And I had a bunch of stuff that was just tracks with suggested melodies and we exchanged ideas and the synergy was immediate – and transcendent, in my opinion.”

“I don’t know whether or not Stevie Nicks will come to the table for an album.”
LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM

However Nicks is less on board, at the moment, Buckingham tells MOJO’s Jim Irvin.

“I think Stevie’s a little torn. It has a lot to do with her life in general and trying to figure out what means something to her,” suggests the guitarist.

“I don’t know whether or not she’ll come to the table for an album. I hope she does… I think it scares her a little.”

Get MOJO now for the full interview with Buckingham, individual Q&As with John McVie, Christine McVie, Stevie Nicks and Mick Fleetwood, plus free 15-track CD The Roots Of Fleetwood Mac.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"