View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 01:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipkid View Post
It's obvious FM had no influence vs. Warner Brothers. Green felt trapped and left.
Sorry, I don't buy that. If that was the reason why he left, he wouldn't have released "End of the Game" on Warner Bros. I just don't think he was thinking clearly, even back then. It's clear (at least to me) that there was something going on with his mental health by this point. Really, "Man of the World" is where I see things starting to slip for him. The lyrics on "Then Play On" only show it getting worse, with it reaching critical mass on "The Green Manalishi".

Here's my take: Schizophrenia's onset is typically between the ages of 16 and 25 in men. Peter Green was 24 when he left the band. He was a fragile personality, and the pressures of the industry, drugs, and identifying with the suffering, yet being frustrated that, in spite of his fame and fortune, not being able to make a difference all came together and ultimately lead to his mental breakdown. I think what happened in Germany was the straw that broke the camel's back, but clearly something DID happen. There were too many people who've corroborated the story who otherwise had nothing to do with each other.

THE Stephen Hopkins