View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 07:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Totally agree about Sheryl. She stripped all that is good away from Stevie's music on TISL.
Wow, its nice to have someone agree with me. I thought I was going to be flamed for that comment. Rewind time: Stevie's album was held up for years. Stevie loved TLC's "Unpretty" and thought the track had some Fleetwood Mac sound. If you remember she had recorded with TLC's producer but then thought the album was too funky and everything was scrapped and she brought in Sheryl. Its the blandest music I have ever heard.
No clever drumming, guitar licks, or great bridges. There are some great songs but half the album is not worth listening to. I like Trouble in Shangri-La, Love Is, and Bombay Sapphires. Planets of the Universe and Sorcerer are good but the songs really could have used a (good) producer. They are safe and arranged just like the demo. They could really have exploded with some creativity. IMHO Street Angel is a much superior album. Stevie's vocals had range and each song is different sounding which is something you cant say about Trouble In Shangri-La. I also think Trouble in Shangri-La has some of the worst songs Stevie has ever recorded like Everyday, That made me stronger, Its only love (Sheryl's song), Love Changes, and I Miss You.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 11-10-2017 at 08:32 AM..