View Single Post
Old 03-13-2017, 02:19 PM

Rocker Chrissie Hynde says she's a recluse and 'lone wolf' in new documentary

One isn’t the loneliest number, according to musician Chrissie Hynde.

The 65-year-old Pretenders lead singer bluntly describes herself as a “lone wolf” and reveals she spends most of her time by herself, in an upcoming BBC documentary, which follows the musician as she travels between Paris, London and New York where she’s interviewed by old pal, actress Sandra Bernhard.

“I think being alone is a huge luxury,” the “Brass in Pocket” singer says.

“It’s my choice, I like it,” she says. “I get lonely and morose. But you know, I’m a prize, if no one wants to pick up on that, f--k them.”

The rocker, who rose to fame in 1979 when her band The Pretenders — who had formed the year earlier — rose to the top of the charts with the single “Brass in Pocket," just appeared at SXSW where she sang with Stevie Nicks.

Hynde had a daughter, Natalie, in 1983 with Ray Davies of The Kinks and then had another daughter, Yasmin, in 1985 with Simple Minds lead singer Jim Kerr whom she married. In 1997 she married again, this time to artist Lucho Brieva, but they separated in 2002.

Later while lunching with Bernhard, the singer bemoans her non-existent love life.

“It’s from isolation, I spend all my time along, I have nothing else to do,” she explains.

Instead, she focuses on several issues close to her heart including vegetarianism. Hynde has been vegeterian for more than 30 years.

“Vegan tyranny winds me up,” she explains. “It’s all become about nutrition, it’s not about compassion anymore. I am a vegan in practice but in theory I am a vegetarian, they don’t like that.”

She also says she has a book on “cow protection,” coming out.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.2996482