View Single Post
Old 01-12-2004, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
Dissention, I hate to disagree with you because you are usually so right. (I know what it's like to be right most of the time; I share that burden, just ask Mrs. Carne. ) But here's the thing, Dean is not perfect. No way. I am concerned about his campaign's intransigence on the sealed documents. I hope there is nothing so damning to undo him at this stage, for it would be a real shame. As far as shooting his mouth off, I don't worry so much about that. That shouldn't surprise anyone, considering my record here.

But what he has shown is something the other candidates seem to lack -- leadership. Now more than ever in my lifetime we need a real leader. Let's get rid of the bozo in office right now and put someone who can truly lead in there. Like it or not, Senators and Congressmen don't tend to make great leaders. Of course there are exceptions. But the nature of their roles is often about compromising.

Don't be so sure Dean can't beat Bush. If you really think about it, he's really the most Bush-like of the anti-Bushes, except he's a lot sharper than Bush.

Strand, see, that wasn't so painful, was it?
Well thank you, it means a lot coming from you.

You pretty much posted the main reason why I believe the Republicans want a crack at him: those sealed documents. I think they know what are in those documents and they can't wait to use them. I think it's very telling that the Republicans are keeping pretty mum about Dean and the other candidates.

I will be the first to cast a vote for Dean if he gets the nomination. I don't like him, but anything is better than Shrub. I just think that the conservatives have a lot of ammo against him and are preparing to use ALL of it.