View Single Post
Old 01-12-2023, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Did she really get sick suddenly? Was she cognizant long enough to realize that Everywhere was everywhere. Because it feels like she's no longer on earth, when I hear her songs I just tear up, now.
I do think it was really quick. I mean there was all the auction info up on her Instagram up until pretty soon before she passed...I don't think her assistant would be putting that up if things had been looking so awful...? Unless it was kept from her as well.

I keep wondering if it was one of those fast moving cancers, that you don't even know you have until one day they realize it's there and it's spread all over and there's nothing they can do. I worked w someone years ago who I think was diagnosed with esophageal or throat cancer and they were gone in like 2 or 3 weeks. And honestly in Chris's last radio interviews, even in the BBC thing, her voice sounded awful. Just so hoarse and strained....i remember actually saying out loud to myself, 'wow she sounds terrible.'

But yes from what I've heard i think she was mentally cognizant until the end. I'm sure only the people closest to her know what she had. And they sure as hell will never talk.

--Lis