View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This has gotten ridiculous.

He has been happily married for 10 years. He is a family friend. I know his wife and his kids. He knows my parents. EVERY girl that has ever had him as a teacher thinks he's gorgeous, and thats fine. It has never once gotten in the way of our relationship. The other teacher I am close with (significantly closer, actually) knows all about this and she isn't weirded out at all-- and she's his COWORKER.

The sex poem was very, very ambiguous and vague. It was very tastefully done and nowhere close to explicit. I was excited because I've known and deeply respected him for a long time and anytime someone shares his or her work, it opens a new area of vulnerability that can really benefit a relationship. That's what this was-- I simply got to know him better through his writing and in the process, I was able to give him feedback. That's all he was looking for-- a professional opinion on the quality of his work.

Although I appreciate the concern here (trust me, I do), I think that a lot of people are jumping to a lot of conclusions. However, I should have censored my post more carefully and realized that it would come off as inappropriate. If I thought that it was at all innapproriate, I would never have posted it. The fact that I did shows that my mind wasn't working that way at all-- I like to think you guys know I'm smart enough to keep myself out of deep waters if I can see the possible bad reaction.

I just think this is insane, I really do. :/