View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 06:21 AM
Ledgie

Default Another Link in the Chain tour 1994/95

Not a lot of audio/video of these shows twenty years ago.I was wondering if there are any ledgies who attended any of the dates who could share their memories?
I'm curious as to what the audiences were like in terms of numbers and general reception that the band got in view of the very different line-up? I know that they were part of a 'package' tour in the U.S. with Pat Benatar and C.S.N. . R.E. O. Speedwagon(?) among others and that the sets were therefore quite short.

Listening to the few shows that I have, I notice that a portion of the set was solo/Traffic/Delaney and Bonnie material as well as -gulp!-'Imagine' and 'All Along the Watchtower'(so sad!) which left room for a reduced number of Fleetwood Mac songs. It was such a huge reduction in scale for the band and many fans felt little or no connection with the 'Rumours' -or even preRumours- line up. Nonetheless, I admire Mick and John for carrying on as it must have been difficult for them.
Two things always puzzled me about this tour: why it nver came to the U.K.(I suspect thet no promoter would book this line-up) and, secondly, why TIME was released(and not promoted) AFTER the tours?

Hope some can share their memories/thoughts.

"Never break the chain"