View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 02:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
. I think Madonna is an entertainer on a mass scale that produces some good if not great work (see "Ray of Light" the song and the Record) with the help of others - though she clearly has her own vision. That is where her talent resides and she has that in spades. Part and parcel of that talent is she is a very talented dancer. I also think the gifts of Madonna's that you mentioned are talents as well.

I do agree that the two are apples and oranges when compared. Madonna appeals to the masses so she likely is considered in a less favorable light by some. I think they are both extremely talented, but in different areas.
She may be a good dancer ,truth be told I have not watched her enough to really notice but I'm certain there are many ,many more talented dancers in the world..her singing is pretty ordinary she can carry a tune most of the time but nothing to merit the level of stardom she has attained and maintained and as for her acting she is completely and utterly without talent,excruiciating to watch.As I have said before quite possibly the worst actress ever to be given a series of somewhat major rolls in films .Again I will admit in manipulation of the media and at least at one time of being ahead of the curve of the mainstream for pop culture trends and seeking out the hippest collaboraters she is without peer so if those things are talents then yes she is talented.