View Single Post
Old 10-25-2020, 07:38 PM
Junior Ledgie

Just saw the concert film in an AMC theater in central NJ. There was only about ten of us there, properly socially distanced, with reserve options that wound up blocking out two rows all around our single seat. Made for a less anxiety-inducing experience!

As for the film... I thought it was absolutely fantastic. Didn't get to see the tour so it was a nice treat. The editing was really fabulous: no fast cuts or out of the ordinary shots--though the drones and aerial views could be at times weird.

Stevie was hysterical and witty, as expected, and it made the two-plus hours go by very fast!

The "Gold and Braid" opening was fabulous; "Gold Dust Woman" was particularly captivating and indulgent; "Edge of Seventeen" seemed slower on the backbeat but vocals were great; "Moonlight" was beautiful and stripped down; "Starshine" was rockin' and great... I could go on. Loved it!

P.S. did not know who the child Max was, whom "Landslide" was dedicated to. Also, was amazed during "if You Had My Love" that Waddy switched between guitars early on; I was unsure if the 12-string acoustic wound up being on a loop or if someone else wound up playing it, but couldn't tell, since he switched to electric.