View Single Post
Old 09-02-2020, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Honestly, I think the next couple of years are going to be hard for her. She will have lost a year to covid and by the time things start returning to normal, the reality and limitations of her age will be very evident. Any momentum from the RRHOF induction will have long since passed, burned her bridges with Lindsey etc

I can’t see ANY of them actually coming together for these one off performances they have talked about pivoting to. Way too much work.

I know I said this before, but it really struck me how the entire band brushed off the fallout like it was 1987 again, as if they have another 20 years to pull **** on one another, do ****ty things, and eventually kiss and make up over the next decade. None of them (besides Lindsey) acknowledged how privileged they were to all still be healthy and able to perform together after all of this time. In the 11th hour of their careers they dove head first into complete petty nonsense over a god damn greatest hits tour. It will never make sense to me how they chose to die on the cross for a tour that really had no significance and still has no significance.
I mean the the 18-19 tour was about money. In 2008, Journey debuted a new singer with new music, The Cars did it with Tood Rundgren too. They didn't even name the 18/19 tour (On With the Show, Live 2013, Unleashed, 24 Karat Gold, Heart and Soul).

I don't think she cares about a friendship with Lindsey. She did once call him her partner-in-crime

It's not like they did a transformative setlist heavy on pre-soft rock FM or dove into BTM or Tusk