View Single Post
Old 01-05-2019, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Are you kidding me? Pretend its 1975 and especially Mac has been transformed from a Blues Band. Over My Head was the perfect first radio single.
Precisely. Over My Head fit right in with radio in 1975--James Taylor's How Sweet It Is, Johnny Nash's Tears on My Pillow, and all the other soft-pop ballads by Olivia Newton-John and Natalie Cole and the Eagles and John Denver and 10cc. There was nothing outlandish or musically odd about Over My Head at all. In 1975, remember, most of us were still listening to AM. (I was listening to Elton John and Redbone and Tavares and Frankie Valli and KC and the Sunshine Band and the Carpenters and the Bee Gees and Captain and Tennille and Neil Sedaka. I was a blandly commercial little boy, but I sure loved Come and Get Your Love and It Only Takes a Minute, Girl, to Fall in Love, the two greatest songs of all Western history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Everybody finds out is my favorite from SYW and I would have released it as the first single.
Me, too. I play that at the gym for my workouts to this day. Anyway we can! Anytime we can! Anyway!

moviekinks.blogspot.com