View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Hahahaha no, can't say i've stared at goats lately these days.

Maybe because its 12+ years into my fandom, i've reached that point where it's like...."really?...it's been 30+ years and you still can't burry the hatchet....really?" you did 135 shows against your will on a miserable tour.....really now? I'm 25 and feel more mature than half of them, stevie especially.

More than anything, the exception being lindsey....I always get the drift that none of them realize just how darn lucky they are to be able to go out and still perform and still sell as many tickets as they do. For the most part they have a huge sense of entitlement. If it was really about the music they would do a run of shows at the Fillmore, or one of the big theatres in Chicago...and probably sell out each night. But I guess that couple of extra millions is more important, besides....even stevie said that we the fans are the ones that will steal all the songs on the internet so there is no money to be made there, pff burn.

Mike cambell just remarked recently that in the beginning the heartbreakers had to prove why they deserve to be there and now they have to prove why they are still relevant and deserve to be there..and for the most part since 1997 with SYW being the exception, what exactly have they done except justify themselves on the same things they have been for the past 15-20 years?? As artists you can create great art which will prove your relevance, but all great artists must continue to grow.

Don't get me wrong, still a huge fan, still love the music. I saw them on this last tour..but cheap seats this time....and I apologize because I know I'm preaching to the choir and this is probably the same b*tch that half the people here, it's nothing anybody hasn't heard before.

I guess in what would be a fairly short period of time (12 years) between the SYW fan club fiasco, countless cash grabs, lamenting about miserable tours that gave them big bucks and backhanded comments to the fanbase, the whole enchilada (or fajita round-up) is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

ok end of rant.
You made some great points....can't disagree......I hear ya....
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."