View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Michele, remember when Christine stated in an interview that people were trying to "bend her arm". I always thought it was Mick. Maybe it was Lindsey.
Could be. This is one of the arm twisting comments from an interview with Steve Wright:

Quote:
SW: But if they tour again and they say 'look Christine you know, you fancy coming in on a few gigs... you would do that?

CMV: We'll they've already done a couple of tours without me, no... they have asked me and sort of tried to

TS: They gigged last year...

CMV:...break my arm

TS: ..they gigged last year... why didn't you... join them on stage?

CMV: Well they asked me to, but I think... I think I just got stage shy in the end I just thought' I haven't done this for so many years I'll probably have a heart attack probably on stage' [laughs] now, you know

SW :[laughs]Get off!

CMV: No no it's true
This is the Mojo comment of hers that leads me to think that maybe Lindsey and John were upset, but she doesn't say that. She speaks of all of them being miffed, but she had also just said in the preceding sentence that she was in touch with Mick and Stevie -- which made me think, what about Lindsey and John?:

Quote:
I’m often in touch with Mick and occasionally speak to Stevie, but not so much Lindsey, and John. I still have a tender affection for all of them, but they were slightly miffed at my leaving. When they played here last year I saw them at Earl’s Court. They were bloody great. For the first time in my life, I was able to see Fleetwood Mac as others saw us. I went backstage to see Stevie, and she said, “Oh, Chris, I am so knackered!” Music is her life, and she’s still brilliant at what she does, but I don’t have the slightest twinge of envy.
Also, in addition to all the other reasons (fear of flying, panic attacks, missing her brother and his family) add fear of earthquakes to why Christine left. This is from Newsday:

Quote:
McVie, who wrote Mac's most mainstream hits, from "Don't Stop" to "You Make Lovin' Fun," says what led her to ditch Mac dates to the 1994 earthquake in her adopted home of L.A.

"I lost so much sleep over whether I would be in another one," she says.

Last edited by michelej1; 05-14-2013 at 09:54 PM..