View Single Post
Old 04-24-2003, 08:29 AM

Originally posted by sparky

I think Anne Heche sends people's phony alerts into overdrive. Although I have many times wrongly gauged the taste and sense of the American public (Milli Vanilli anyone ?), in general, the public can see an out and out fraud when it rears it's ugly head.
Unfortunately, most people have pegged her for the opportunistic attention sponge she is.

I won't give the American public that much credit. If 70 percent of polled Americans can support the biggest fraud that's been perpetrated on the American public in a long time -- George W. Bush -- the American public is easily bamboozled. Look at the crap that passes for pop art these days. A discerning public would know better.

Case in point - a tell all memoir when she was famous for all of five minutes ? She was really famous for who she was sleeping with, not for her art. She was grabbing all she could get in her brief fifteen minutes. Plus, splashing her intimate relationship all over the press was in questionable taste and it completely eclipsed her career. It's not even a gay thing. Melissa Etheridge has an actress girlfriend and they aren't giving joint interviews and hooting all over about their eternal love after knowing each other for 6 months. Such hoopla is suspect.

I don't know anything about you and I will not make assumptions about you. But I wonder if in general this anti-Heche sentiment is a gay thing. And it's sad really. Here are a bunch of people who have followed every move of two members of this band, and would actually pay to be there in a dark, candlelit room with them just to see if they would screw each other's brains out. Then you turn around and say Heche "was splashing her intimate relationship all over the press." Isn't that what Lindsey and Stevie have been doing for almost 30 years? And here they are playing it up again, saying this song is about Stevie, that song is about Lindsey. I am tired of this old bull**** story, frankly. You got people here complaining there isn't enough sexual tension during their live performances.

Why is it OK for Lindsey and Stevie to constantly rehash their relationship for the public but not for Anne Heche to write about hers?

Just leave the woman alone.

Last edited by CarneVaca; 04-24-2003 at 09:01 AM..