View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 08:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
No no. All 4 are to blame and Christine breaks my heart the most. She just said she loves Lindsey like a brother during one of her interviews on the Buck/Vie tour. They love to play together and enjoy each other so much. Christine mouths almost every word that Lindsey sings. The betrayal of her shocks me.
I know you are smart. The Stevie/Lindsey saga has went on for 40 years. What I don't get is how so many paint Stevie as some victim. She is one of the most power women in rock and has one of the most successful careers in the music industry. She is NOT a helpless victim that so many make her out to be. Stevie refused to join Fleetwood Mac in the studio and made up fairy tales that I know you are smart enough to not believe. She does not get along with Lindsey and vice versa. There is no doubt in my mind Stevie threw down the gauntlet and said I will not tour with Lindsey. She made up a story about not recording with Lindsey but she cant use that same story about not selling tickets because everyone knows the tour will sell tickets. Several months ago Lindsey was the MOST optimistic about Fleetwood Mac's future saying there were many more tours coming. Mick was not so sure but Lindsey did not want to call it quits. The same Stevie that refused to come into the studio with Lindsey also refused to go on the road with Lindsey. Yes they fight and they both do unfair stuff to each other. If the Mac fired Stevie over Lindsey my point would be exactly the same. I am not the one with the double standard. This is wrong and it needs to be called out. Christine is gutless just like she was with Bob Welch. She betrayed her musical mentor and dream guitarist. I mention Mick and Stevie because I expect this from them the most. I don't get it when you say there is lots we don't know. Really? Stevie lied to get out of recording with Fleetwood Mac. She kept extending her tour to not deal with it. Then she went on vacation for 3 months. The SAME reason she did what she did about the album is the SAME reason she did this with the tour. There is no mystery here.
I blame all of them. Christine should have left the band the moment they decided to fire Lindsey. But she didn't. So I blame her too.

But Mick and Stevie had been plotting his firing since Musicares. Maybe even before that. The big fight between Lindsey and Stevie took place at Musicares. It was a stupid fight over a stupid thing, but we all know Stevie knows how to push Lindsey's buttons. And she gave Mick an ultimatum. I can't understand poeople saying we still don't know what happened. Yes, we know what happened, and that's why we blame them. End of the story.

I understand it's a hard pill to swallow for Stevie's fans, but even his own family are supporting Stevie's bashing, so what else is there to say?
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.

Last edited by button-lip; 04-12-2018 at 09:27 AM..